There is something in the garage.
This afternoon I opened the house door to go into the garage and something definitely scurried, darted or slithered away from the door mat and behind a filing cabinet.
I shouted something along the lines of: "Aaahh, sh**." And then: "Oh geez, you better have legs!" Because that is the exact same spot where the huge, gigantic Eastern King snake was last summer. (Yes, I totally have a picture of that snake, but don't want to scare off any Grandmas.)
It was bigger than a Blue-Tail Skink or Anole (cute lizards that live in our yard) and smaller than a squirrel. It really didn't move in a snakelike way, thank goodness.
But what was it??? Does it bite?? Will it try to carry poor little Nugget away?? What if Alex tries to pick it up and carry it in the house like the caterpillars??
Mark finally saunters down to see what I'm hollerin' about and he doesn't even believe me! He looked around, rolled his eyes, and proclaimed I was SEEING THINGS!
Humph.
I think I may have seen it again, but I'm not sure, because I'm kinda twitchy every time I walk through the garage now...
No comments:
Post a Comment