Monday, January 12, 2009

Mopey Monday

Mopey? Is that a word: moping, mopeing, mopey, mooping... You know, like "stop mopeing around!" Honestly, how do you spell that?

It was a long weekend. It has been raining for the last 3 or 4 days and chilly, so no outside play time. The yard is one big wet, pine needle & leaf covered mud-mess. I wanted to get the yard cleaned up or raked but then we would only have the mud. Not really better.

Saturday, during nap-time Alexander decided to strip off his clothes and take off his poopy pull-up. Go ahead, visualize that for a moment. ************************************

I was talking to mom on the phone when I went up to check and see why he was yelling for me when he should have been asleep. All I could say was, "He's covered in sh**! Naked. Covered. In. Sh**! I gotta go!"

But here is a parenting tip no one else will give you: Dawn Dish Washing Liquid.

Not even kidding. I didn't know what else to do, I just didn't think Johnson's was gonna cut it. So I put him in the tub with a big squirt of Dawn and left him to soak while I stripped the bed and cleaned poop off all the bars and rails of his crib. And the wall behind the crib.

He thought the bubbles were fantastic fun and it kept him occupied! Worked perfectly and it was anti-bacterial!! Can't say it would be good for the skin to use often, but in this case it worked well.

Sunday we were all crabby, and at one point Catelin was screaming at Alex for eating white bread. Yes, for eating bread, because the white bread is for HER not HIM! Of course he was screaming right back, you just couldn't understand what he was saying. Probably better that way.

On a better note, Mark and I have been doing some house shopping. We looked at 3 more houses last week and were pretty excited. The market is really good for buyers right now. You can get alot for your money, so we are looking at some houses that we would not have been looking at a year ago, so that's fun.

Looking forward to a better week!!

No comments: