Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Sunny Winter Day

I will take a break from talking about houses to post some pictures! I knew you'd be happy about that!
This is what a 2 year old can get up to when you are not looking.

It was a beautiful day today. Sunny and about 69 degrees. Not to rub it in or anything, but, the daffodils are blooming here.

We spent most of the afternoon playing in the backyard. Alexander was as happy as a clam!

If he's a good boy, for fun, we let him move the wood pile.

It's a special treat.

Load the wood, move the wood to another area of the yard. Unload the wood.

Reload the wood into your wagon. Move to another part of the yard. Unload the wood.

Repeat endlessly.

Remember how Alex used to like to 'line things up', trains, cars, etc.? I think I may have a whole post I could write about this little eccentricity of his...

I swear, I had him tested, he is NOT special!

He just likes things order-ly.

Of course, Alex playing in the yard would not be complete without his trusty sidekick. Whenever Alex goes out, he calls Lucy to come out with him. Very cute, especially since he calls her "My BeeBee". He stand at the back door and calls, "BeeBee, BeeBee gout" (yes, he says 'gout' not 'go out', it's not a typo). And that cat comes running for him.

We can't figure it out... but she had a lovely time rolling in the dirt.

She's finally grown and put on some weight. We were starting to think she was going to be a runt forever.

Eventually, he will take off his shoes and socks. If you're lucky you'll catch them before he pitches them over the fence.


Now, I did not deliberately leave out Catelin. She allowed me to take one picture so everyone could see her hair cut. Then she was off to do more important things than play with us in the backyard.
Although she did leave instructions for me to be sure and take some pictures of Lucy. See how good I follow instructions!




THE END!

No comments: