Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh, Yummy!

You know how I've said: I wasn't so sure I was going to like living in a "neighborhood"??
I didn't think I was going to like having neighbors drop by unexpectedly, trying to "visit" and socialize and be friendly and stuff... kids and adults have a habit of just showing up in the house here. Darn friendly southerners.

But all is forgiven, I love my neighborhood..... and here is one reason why:
One of our neighbors brought these to us today. Do you know what these are??? They are figs!! Fresh and warm just off the tree. And what a big, beautiful tree it is!
She figured we had never had fresh figs, straight off the tree. " 'Cause you can't get that Up North." Boy, was she right.

And when you get up from a 4 hour nap, because you are sick with a nasty cold, fresh figs just hit the spot.

When we get our own yard I am SOOO planting a fig tree.

No comments: