Friday, August 22, 2008

Poke a stick at it, Seriously?

Yesterday afternoon, I'm standing at the sink and I see Catelin's friend B. go racing into the far end of the back yard and just stand there.... ?
A few seconds later Catelin comes in the front door holding her wrist. She goes to the back door and tells B. to: "Get IN here!" Then she very calmly says: " I got stung by a bee." No screaming, no tears, no hysterics. This is Catelin were talking about. I'm surprised at her reaction.
B. comes in and tells the whole story. Apparently, they found a yellow-jacket nest in the ground and Catelin decided to POKE A BIG STICK IN THE HOLE to see what would happen....
How she managed to only get stung once, I'll never know! B. took off running because he is ALLERGIC to bee stings, luckily he didn't get stung. Then the front yard was swarming with angry wasps, definitely Mark's territory.

No comments: