
This is "Callie Mae". She is our Kitty Baby Mama.
Although she looks a little bit evil in these pictures, she is not. She is a very sweet little cat, who has tolerated all the kids handling, moving, carrying and losing her kittens, very well.
Remember I said she lives across the street from our house?
Well, when Lucy came to live at our house last weekend it didn't take Callie Mae long to realize where her little girl kitten had gone.

Every morning this week, between 6 & 7:00 am Callie Mae is sitting at our front door. Meowing... LOUDLY.
We have a system now. I open the door to let her in, then I get Lucy and put them out in the garage together. Callie Mae gives Lucy a bath and 'breakfast'. After a while I open the garage door and C.M goes home.
Sometimes she comes to visit after school while the kids are playing outside. But she always comes back before dark for another visit.
Is this the craziest thing ever?? She still has two other kittens at home to care for.
I figured Callie Mae would forget about Lucy after a day or two. But every day this week she has shown up right on schedule. This afternoon she even brought a gift. A live lizard. Yum! What a good mama! You should have heard Catelin shrieking! Ha, good times around the Orr house.
Lucy, on the other hand, is quite content with her new digs. Just hangin' out and learning her place in her new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment