Now... do you remember what happened a couple weeks ago?
That's right! Alex had a birthday. His SECOND birthday.
Sometime at the end of last week, Alex fell head-long into a full-blown case of the Terrible Two's. If your child has been well behaved up until this point the Terrible Two's can be shocking, embarrasing and exhausting. (If your child starts the TT at 15 mos. and doesn't outgrow them until... oh say age 5, you don't notice it so much.)
Suddenly, Alex is hitting, pushing and biting his neighbor friends (and not just Catelin). He wants what he wants, when he wants it (like NOW). All toys are his. He says "No" and then shakes a finger at you. The umbrella stroller can't hold him. Baby gates can't hold him. He throws things at people. He whines and cries. He screams. Not just any scream. A long, loud, ear piercing scream from the bottom of his lungs. He demonstrated it in the Library today, because he wanted to go to the kids section where the bean bags are located. Yeah, were reeaall popular there..
He won't drink cold milk. Refuses. Stands in front of the microwave and points saying something along the lines of "No brrr drink". Some mornings he refuses to drink out of anything except the Thomas Train cup. Some days he refuses to wear pants, some days its shirts.
Stay tuned for finger shaking and tantrum photos. I'm exhausted, I think I fell asleep at 9:30 last night! Preschool a couple days a week is starting to sound good.... hmmm...
1 comment:
I just registered Ella for kindergarten yesterday. I felt lucky to find out that they had changed her to afternoon class. Working to get it changed kept me from "wigging out" that my one and only "baby" is now in REAL SCHOOL! You're the most amazingly calm Mom I know! Alex doesn't know who he's up against!!! Ella loved the pic of Lucy on Mark's shoulder! Have a great day!
Post a Comment