Mark said it is a Father-Son bonding moment and I was butting in, to that I say.... Pthffffttt!
So, off they go to the BARBER! A man with slow reflexes and sharp pointy scissors flicking around in my baby's face. Alex sits on a board across the arms of a barber chair so old it has ash-trays built into the armrests!!! I kid you NOT!

Now, when we go to the frou-frou place Alex gets to pick if he wants the orange or the lime green chair, the chair has wrap-around arms, and it has a safety belt, and he gets to watch a video while getting his hair cut. I'm just sayin'...
Okay, back to the barbershop.

Notice the decor at the barbershop. There were even deer antlers on the wall, Vietnam memorabilia, vintage model cars and (again, I kid you not) they used an air compressor to blow the hair off of you instead of a hair dryer. They have Rave hairspray and Alberto V05 shampoo in use. Again, I am not even kidding.
Look at this stuff:
Actually, this stuff looked pretty cool.... hair and scalp tonic!
Alex, being so experienced in the Salon setting, was absolutely perfect and well behaved. He played cars on the hair covered floor and slurped on suckers the whole time, making all the men smile and comment about how well behaved he was.
Afterward, they all commented about how different he looked with his haircut. How much OLDER and MORE MATURE he looked, and how he DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A BABY anymore!
Then, I went to the parking lot and stomped my feet and cried....
well, not really. I held up admirably and didn't embarrass Mark in Manville.
Without all that adorable, curly hair Alex actually has ears, and a neck, and he still has a birthmark on his forehead. Who knew! But he sure doesn't look like a baby anymore.
*sniff, sniff*.
2 comments:
You have a boy? Who Knew.
I thought Alex was short for Alexis, or Alexandria...you know kinda like jacq.
Good Job Mark and Alex!!!!
Cutting off those beautiful curls is one thing but the therapy that that boy is gonna need after what "edward-scissorhands-on-crack" did to him!!!!!! Are you sure Mark didn't use the trimmers on that side???? I thought I had it bad with all my gray hair to color but at least he is too young to know what Daddy did to him. I want my surfer dude in Georgia back!!! I wonder want Aunt Lori can do to brother Mark in defense of Alex!?!?! Game on bro!!!
Post a Comment