Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh, so pretty...

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty.... " everybody sing now " ....so pretty, and witty and bright!"

Don't worry Grandmas', it's not blood. Nor, is it, a new variety of Alex Allergy hives.

Oh no, it is a whole tube of Avon, Beyond Color, Lip Plumping, Mad About Mauve. Yes, mauve lipstick.

What you can't see is, that it is even rubbed into the back of his neck and behind his ears.

Apparently, when he got the lipstick out of my make-up carrier he also grabbed a really nice Clinique blush brush. He used the blush brush to smear the lipstick all over the floor and front of the dresser. So not only is the lipstick a goner, but so is my best blush brush.

This is about the 5th tube of lipstick that Alex has destroyed.


Sorry Dad, but the boy likes himself a bit o' color.

I swear I was only out of sight 6 or 8 minutes so that I could go upstairs and supervise Catelin's piano practice. I had a feeling she was practicing her notes one time and then just hitting replay on her keyboard over and over. (I'm still not sure that wasn't the case.)


I left Alex sitting quietly with his trucks, watching Caillou on PBS. I'm pretty sure it was a premediated strike. He was just waiting for the right moment.

Please note that the lipstick is everywhere except his lips.
Now that annoying song is in my head.
Just wait, you're going to be humming it all day and cursing me.

2 comments:

Ilina said...

So the white comforter was spared?!

Your Mother said...

So Funny, but please don't scare me like that.
I bet you had fun cleaning him up!