Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alex and Papaw

Alex loves his Papaw. He always has.
He was a little baby, at one of the Mommy Only stages, but he would sit with Papaw.


He was barely big enough to walk, and he would go fetch his Big Animal Book, with real animal pictures, and take it straight to Papaw.

For two days before Mamaw and Papaw, came to visit, every morning and every bedtime, Alex would ask, "Where, Paw Paw?" And I would say, 'coming Friday, coming tomorrow or later' etc. I don't know if he understood the time-frames, but an answer seems to satisfy him.

I think Pawpaw got the first hug when they showed up... sorry Mamaw. But them boys do stick together!

I try to keep him a Mommy's Boy, but he really isn't having it. I'm losing the battle. Even when he was smaller, he wanted to be with Daddy. He's a guy's- guy, a man's-man. Wants to hang with the boys. *Sigh*


" Come on Paw paw, lemme show ya the secret passage behind the shed."


No comments: