UPDATE: They were "seed ticks". The MD said she must have fallen into a nest of them out in the woods. She said Catelin had "Too many bites to count" in "to many places to list". Yuck!
Catelin complained of "itching" Monday after school. She seemed to have a rash, no big deal. Before bed time I put her in an oatmeal bath. She has red bumps all over her belly and legs. No fun to be so itchy. I thought, chiggers maybe, she played in the woods Sunday evening with the neighbor kids.
"I saw two ticks today at school. One at recess, and one after recess, in the class." She is afraid she has ticks.
Well, around here it is a reasonable fear... Upon closer inspection, guess what... little tiny brown specks near her splotchy rashes.
OMG. I picked about 10 teeny, tiny, microscopic, can't hardly see 'em with your naked eye, TICKS off of that child! I had to use tweezers, they were too small to grab otherwise!
Yesterday, she was still itchy and had a rash. Another oatmeal bath, and two more ticks...
We have an appointment with the pediatrician today to check the rash. I saved the ticks on a piece of scotch tape because I know the doctor won't believe me when I tell him they were tiny ticks.
Who knows where they came from: the play ground at school, the woods behind the house, the neighbors yard????
I'm starting to feel like Eva Gabor in Green Acres. "Oli-ver I vahnt to go bak to the city!"
All this nature is making my twitchy.
No comments:
Post a Comment